Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'd Know You Anywhere



I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman
Adult New Book Display - Main Level - Mystery Lippman


I picked up a Laura Lippman book because it was on the “new” shelf at the library (and because it’s on my summer reading list). I liked the cover and I liked the title, and I remembered reading some reviews of it in the review journals. I had never read a book by her before, but I most definitely will read more of them now!

I’d Know You Anywhere is about the 1985 kidnapping of Elizabeth Lerner. It’s also about Eliza Bennett, the only person kidnapped by Walter Bowman to live to tell. Elizabeth and Eliza are the same person – she changed her name to Eliza so that she could start over and not live under the drama and the “story” of Elizabeth Lerner the rest of her life. All these years later, Eliza is married with children. She is perfectly content with her life and her anonymity. Her husband knows what happened and her parents and sister know what happened to her, but her children and her neighbors and friends have no idea.

That’s why her world is turned upside down when Walter contacts her out of the blue. He is scheduled to be executed in two weeks, and wants to talk to her before that.

There is so much going on in this book – I don’t want to write a four page review or summary of the whole plot, so I’ll just say this: pick up this book and do not stop reading until you have finished! Find out what Walter really wants. Find out if Eliza will agree to see him. Find out if he is executed.

Read this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment