Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grow Plants in Pots

By Martyn Cox

It's gardening season!  Anyone can grow a container garden, regardless of how much space they have. Put a few pots on your apartment balcony or a pot of mixed herbs on a windowsill.  

If the thought of hoeing and weeding turns you off, containers are the way to go.  Just water and prune if necessary and you'll have a nice little harvest with a lot less work than a traditional row garden.

I grow a variety of herbs and vegetables in containers on my deck, and this book has inspired me to try growing things I hadn't previously considered.  For example, strawberries make a beautiful hanging basket and rainbow chard makes a colorful display in a big tin bucket.  I hadn't considered growing sprawling vines like zucchini in a pot, but this book shows that it's definitely possible.

Filled with lots of glossy, color photos, this small book goes plant by plant through a myriad of container plant options.

No comments:

Post a Comment